This article abstract was created in reference to 5 excellent ideas targeting iOS developers published by Mashable.
If you’re looking to create an iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc.) application, read this. It could make the difference between success or obscurity for your next app release.
With the growing ranks of newly published apps, even the most innovative and well-crafted apps get ignored.
Don’t leave your marketing for after your release. This approach will waste one of the best marketing opportunities available — that magical time when your app first hits the app store. Get your marketing-mojo working in parallel to your development effort.
Recommended Action Plan
1. Build a splash page (Web Page) for your upcoming app that touts your masterpiece—until it’s actually built. Eventually, the splash page should grow into a full website
2. Share a sneak-peak. App-focused blogs love featuring cool new apps in development.
3. Create a teaser video that showcases key features – include upbeat background music or good narrative
4. Rally your beta testers and turn them into advocates once your app launches
5. Share promo codes with those who agree to write about the app to get the word-of-mouth rolling
Full article here: http://on.mash.to/9U2m3w