Finding sales prospects has changed dramatically in the past few years. Retaining the loyalty of past customers has become a necessity to remain a viable enterprise. Reaching out to find potentially new customers has become more difficult. Newspapers ads, radio spots and TV just don’t generate the results they once did.
The industry has transitioned into a new era of automotive marketing. And this new era continues to evolve and change. But some fundamentals are permanent–such as nearly every car buyer turning to Internet sources while conducting research.
To tap into that consumer enthusiasm and influence potential buyers, successful stores need to become a trusted source of information. Once engaged in dialog with past customers and new prospects, such stores can sustain an invaluable marketing advantage over their competitors.
To get your store moving in the right direction, consider following this 7 step process:
- Establish your marketing goals.
- Define your strategy and priorities.
- Create a plan that includes a timeline of milestones and expected accomplishments.
- Execute your plan.
- Assess your results (actuals vs. goals).
- Revise your plan (what assumptions proved true vs false, what lessons were learned) .
- Repeat the process.